Filipino Food Recipe: Suman na Mongo
Filipino Food Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup malagkit (glutinous rice)
- 1 cup mongo
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups coco milk
- coco cream from 1 grated coconut
1. Soak, grind, and drain malagkit in a muslin bag (sako sa harina) to get a mealy dough like that used for palitao.
2. Cook mongo in water until soft (and mushy). Drain the water. Use a colander. Set aside.
3. Prepare latik and oil from coco cream.
4. Boil coco milk and sugar until thick. Add cooked mongo and cook like Bukayo.
5. Combine this mixture with mealy malagkit thoroughly and wrap measured amounts in banana leaves (wilted by passing over an open flame).
6. Steam 30 minutes...and the Filipino Food recipe of Suman is ready to serve..! Enjoy it !